This blog post is not wedding related, but if you have followed me for a while you know that I’m a lover of makeup, skincare, beauty products and the alike. With that said, I get a lot of questions on Instagram regarding the makeup products I use on a daily basis and wear in my Stories, and so I decided to answer all of your questions with this round up style blog post and shopping list. AND since it’s the annual holiday Sephora Sale, the timing couldn’t be more perfect.
So, here are my favorite current products:
- It CC Cream. I love this stuff. Seriously, people DM me all the time asking me what I use for foundation, and this is it. Thanks to my past Always Yours bride Jillian Collings and her recommendation, I’ve wholeheartedly converted over to this product. It’s full coverage but leaves a luminous, satin finish, which is what I’m always going for when it comes to how I want my skin to appear. I use clean fingers to apply or a beauty blender (depends on how my skin is that day), and then I set it with Mac Mineralize Skinfinish Natural and this brush from It Cosmetics, which the Mac Mineralize Skinfinish is not product that is NOT from Sephora but it is a huge part of what makes my skin look finished and glowy. It CC Cream + Mac Mineralize Skinfinish Natural + It Cosmetics Brush = my foundation.
- Hourglass Vanish Foundation Stick. Sometimes when my skin is acting up a bit I will use this foundation to cover any spots that need extra help (ie the chin, thanks to masks). If you are looking for AMAZING full coverage for your entire face, this foundation stick is incredible and my holy grail full coverage foundation. Use it with this brush and you’ll have a flawless face with one layer applied.
- Becca Cosmetics Moonstone Highlighter. I love highlighter and I use it on my nose, the high points of my cheeks and in the corners of my eyes. It’s a very delicate powder, so be careful when throwing it in your makeup bag. It’s best to leave it on your counter so it doesn’t smash in transit.
- Gucci Bronzer. Okay, this is a SPLURGE and to be honest I wanted it to be bad so that I would return it. But it’s REALLY good — so good that I couldn’t return it. And it’s pigmented, so a little goes a long way with this product. This is one of those bronzers that you’ll have for probably 2 years before you run out (although it’s questionable whether you should keep bronzer that long).
- Seychelles Blush from Buxom. This is technically a blush even though it looks like a bronzer, but when you apply you’ll notice a warm pink undertone. It’s the perfect blush. It’s a product I’ll never stop using.
- Anastasia Dewy Set Setting Spray. I love this product. Does exactly what it says, and no, there is no glitter in the product itself. The scent is super light of coconuts and vanilla, and it dissipates within a minute.
- Stila 24 Hour Liquid Eyeliner. You all know I love my liquid eyeliner, and this is the one I have been using for the past year. I also love the Kat Von D Liquid Liner in Trooper.
- Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Mascara. This mascara is brand new and holy smokes, it’s amazing. I am NOT a believer in mascara from Sephora and always stick to the much less expensive (but honestly the best mascara on the market) L’Oreal Voluminous Mascara, but this one is creeping up as one of my top favorites and what I am currently using.
- Tom Ford Eyeshadow Quad. Yes I know this eyeshadow quad is expensive. But the colors are perfect for the daytime and nighttime smokey eye I wear (daytime is less intense, nighttime is more intense). It’s on sale now, so it you were ever going to purchase, now is the time. An alternative palette I love that is less expensive is this one from Nars.
- Anastasia Brow Definer in Soft Brown. This is the only eyebrow pencil I use and that you have ever seen in my Stories. I have for probably 8 years now.
- Nudestix Whisper Lip Color Pencil. This is my go to lip pencil and lip color these days. It’s so easy to apply, it looks natural, works for all seasons and it comes with a sharpener. Definitely a must-try.
If you want to very easily shop this list, here is the shopping list here. Simply follow, click and add what you wish to your bag!
With that said, if I had to choose just FIVE things from this list to recommend as my top favorites that I can’t live without, they would be:
- The It Cosmetics CC Cream and the Mac Mineralize Skinfinish = these really have to go hand in hand together
- Seychelles Blush from Buxom
- Stila 24 Hour Liquid Eyeliner
- Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Mascara
- Anastasia Brow Definer
The Sephora Sale is on until November 9th, so be sure to head over and pick up these items if you’re in the market for new makeup or want to try some of these products!
share on facebook
add a comment
add a comment /